A retreat is a time to step back and take a new look at our lives. It is not so much a time to learn new things as to remember some of the things we’ve forgotten. It is a time to be attentive to the needs of the soul.
- What simple truths and values in our lives have been lost because of the busyness of our days?
- Has our intimacy with God and other suffered because we have too readily embraced the distractions surrounding us?
- Has the simplicity of earlier days been crowded out by our drive to possess or control? What sacred stories from the past are buried in our souls?
- What are we missing? What are we forgetting?
- What needs to be forgiven? What needs to be healed?
-taken from THE SONG OF THE SEED